Xiaomi – alarms and notifications
Source: Don’t kill my app
Traditionally Xiaomi and their Android customization called MIUI belongs to the most troubled on the market with respect to non-standard background process limitations and non-standard permissions. There are no APIs and no documentation for those extensions. In default settings background processing simply does not work right and apps using them will break.
NOTE: Android One devices by Xiaomi work much better than MIUI-based devices. So if you like Xiaomi we definitely recommend to look for their Android One offering.
To let Circadian run successfully in the background, make sure you the settings below for Power Management, App battery saver and Autostart.
- Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery manager > Power plan is set to Performance
- Device Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Protected apps – Circadian needs to be Protected
- Device Settings > Apps > Circadian > Battery > Power-intensive prompt and Keep running after screen off
- Settings > Additional Settings > Battery & Performance > Manage apps’ battery usage and here:
- Switch Power Saving Modes to Off
- Choose the next options: Saving Power in The Background > Choose apps > Circadian > Background Settings > No restrictions
App battery saver
Security > Battery > App Battery Saver > Circadian > No restriction
Open Security app > Permissions > Auto-start
Enable Autostart for desired apps.
Search for Circadian and tap to enable